Are you having trouble logging in? There is a great possibility that your browser's cookies are malfunctioning in some way. What is a cookie? A cookie (completely unrelated to a "real" cookie) is a small file stored on your computer so that websites can remember who you are. This makes it so that you don't have to enter your username and password every time you visit a website. Therefore, if you are having trouble logging it – such that ChorePacks.com brings you back to the same page over and over - most likely your cookies are having trouble.
What causes the trouble is that the browser doesn't see what ChorePacks.com wants to update in the browser's information (ie: when you log in, or log out of ChorePacks.com) and therefore the cookie isn't updated. Below are the instructions to fix this issue:
- Method #1 (easy, but removes other website logins):
- Open Internet Explorer and click Tools > Internet Options
- On the first page (General) click either "Delete Cookies" or the "Delete" button.
- Method #2 (recommended for advanced users, but saves your other website logins):
- Click Start > My Computer.
- Open up the C:\ drive.
- Open the Documents and Settings folder.
- Open the folder with the name that you log onto your computer with.
- Open the Cookies folder (you might have to display hidden folders to view the Cookies folder - click Tools > Folder Options > check "Show hidden files and folders").
- Search for All files and Folders that have "ChorePacks" in the file name.
- Ensure that all of the text files to delete have chorepacks[x].txt (x is a number).
- Select and delete the files that have chorepacks in the filename.
- Either way - close out of Internet Explorer, open it back up, go to ChorePacks.com, and try logging in again.
- Click Tools > Options
- Click the Privacy (with the lock symbol) button at the top of the Options dialog box (fifth item from the left).
- Click the Show Cookies button.
- Type "chorepacks" in the search box (all lowercase)
- Select the top cookie listed, and scroll down to the bottom of the list.
- Hold down the Shift key and click the lowest item in the list.
- Press the Delete key.
- Click "Close" and then "OK".
- Go to ChorePacks.com, and try again.